Coronavirus - antigen test
Study price: PLN 20
Waiting time for the result: the result can be collected from 18.00 on the same day
- We perform the test without prior reservation. Check the working hours of the collection center.
When registering covid tests (PCR and antigen, whether private, nfz, or with a foreign language result), it is absolutely necessary to complete the patient's data:
- PESEL, and in the case of foreigners, PASSPORT No.
- COUNTRY CODE.
- Address of residence/residence,
- Domestic/foreign phone number
All these data are absolutely required for the implementation of the survey.
Preparation for the study
- The test material is a nasal swab.
- The patient does not need to be fasting.
- Do not use nasal drops before collecting the material.
- If infection is suspected, it is advisable to move and stay in the facility wearing a protective mask to reduce the spread of pathogens in the environment.
* Mutation of the Sars-CoV-2 virus does not affect the ability of the test to detect infection.
* Receipt of vaccine (any type) does not affect the result of the test performed after vaccination.
The material for the test is a nasal swab. The swab is inserted through the nose.
The test is performed using the BERIGHT test,for qualitative detection of Sars-CoV-2 antigen.
The sensitivity and specificity of the test relative to the RT-PCR method,is:
- sensitivity : 90.4%
- specificity : 99.5%.
This test detects an antigen ( a protein from inside the virus cell) detectable only when the virus is active and capable of infecting. This occurs in the early stages of infection, sometimes even before symptoms appear.
Interpretation of survey results.
A positive test result with high probability indicates active infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus.
A negative test result does not rule out infection. Collection may occur when there is still no detectable antigen in the body. For this reason, in situations where symptoms or epidemiological factors indicate the possibility of infection, the test should be repeated after 1-2 days from a newly collected sample. If symptoms persist, again a negative antigen test result should be verified by genetic testing, by RT-PCR.
According to current recommendations, the result of the antigen test ( positive and negative) is reported by the Laboratory to the EWP database.
Development and preparation of material (applies to contractors only)
antigen, COVID, coronavirus,coronavirus,Sars, pandemic, lateral flow assay, LFD