Videoendoscopy of the nose, throat, larynx
Referral: Not required
Age range: Depends on the doctor - please check the doctor's business card for details
Waiting time for the result: Result available immediately after the test.
Videoendoscopy of the nose, throat, larynx200 - 250 PLN | e-Reservation >>
- Report fasting (about 1-2 hours without a meal) to reduce the risk of vomiting reflexes.
- The child should not have an intense runny nose (a runny nose makes it difficult or impossible to see the structures of the throat).
- The test is best performed about 2 weeks after the infection (during the infection, there is swelling and an accurate assessment will not be possible).
- Patients under the age of 18 should compulsorily report with a parent/legal guardian for the test.
Description of the study
During the examination, the doctor evaluates the anatomical structures of the examined organs visible on the monitor. The examination makes it possible to visualize curvature of the nasal septum, nasal polyps, hypertrophy of the nasal auricles and the area of the sinus orifices, also in regions of the nose inaccessible by traditional ENT examination.
Fiberoscopy is performed in the sitting position in adults and in children. The examination requires at least partial cooperation with the patient.
- Assessing the site of a nosebleed,
- Diagnostic uncertainties in nasal and sinus diseases,
- A preliminary examination before sinus surgery,
- Evaluation of treatment progress after treatments,
- Evaluation of the larynx in young children and those with a strong vomiting reflex,
- Diagnosis of the nasopharynx for hypertrophy of the third tonsil,
- Diagnosis of sleep apnea and snoring in children and adults,
- suspected foreign body in the nasal cavities (in children),
- Diagnosis of chronic rhinitis.