Cortisol in daily urine collection
Study price: 40 PLN
Waiting time for the result: result no later than the next working day
- We perform the test without prior reservation. Check the working hours of the collection center
Preparation for the study
- The material for the study is urine from daily collection (DZM).
How to conduct a daily urine collection:
1) Prepare a clean vessel with a volume of 2-3 liters.
2.Start urine collection in the morning of the day before the test. In the morning urine, after the night return to the toilet.
3.From then on, collect each portion of urine into the prepared vessel, including the morning portion of the next day's urine.
4. mix the collected urine thoroughly. Measure the volume and pour about 100- 200 ml into a dedicated container for urine analysis ( to be collected at CM Luxmed Collection Points or purchased at a pharmacy).
5. describe the container with the DZM sample: name, surname, volume of the entire urine collection, the time of beginning and ending of the collection.
Store the container with the collected urine during the daily collection in a cool and dark place.
It is also used as a drug in the treatment of some chronic diseases (e.g. bronchial asthma) and interventional, short-term or one-time treatment of life-threatening conditions (e.g. shock, asthmatic condition).
Importance of the test: diagnosis of adrenal gland dysfunction, search for hormone-producing tumors, control in adrenal steroid therapy.
Abnormal values: in Cusching syndrome,
in Addison's disease. Disorders of secretion cause adrenal hyperactivity or hypoactivity.
Development and preparation of material (applies to contractors only)
Cortisol in ORD, Cort, hydrocortisone, adrenal hormone, stress hormone, daily urine collection, daily urine cortisol