The modern function of sports medicine includes preventive health care in the broadest sense. Its task is to maintain, or improve, health and to take advantage of the effects of physical activity on the body. Sports medicine serves professional and amateur athletes, providing them with medical protection, prevention and support for sports training.
Sports medicine services offered:
- Introductory examinations (examinations for people starting to practice a particular sport),
- Periodic checkups (health checks for athletes, repeated every 12 months),
- Follow-up examinations (these are examinations related to injuries and illnesses suffered),
- Issuance of rulings and certificates,
- Qualification for each discipline,
- Comprehensive laboratory and diagnostic tests,
- Specialized consultation,
- Rehabilitation treatments.
The scope of medical examinations, additional examinations and specialized consultations depends on the type of sport practiced, the type of examination (preliminary, periodic or follow-up) and the health of the athlete.
The research is carried out in accordance with current regulations.
List of tests for specific sports.
Find out what type of medical examination and consultation the preventive examination will include. This will help you estimate the time needed to see a sports medicine doctor and prepare for the examination.
Click and check the list of studies: