Vaccination - Japanese encephalitis (JEV)
To get vaccinated, book an appointment for a medical qualification.
The qualification is valid for 24 hours from the time it is issued.
For information on the vaccines used and to book an appointment, call 81 532 37 11 or register directly.
The virus is mainly found in Asia and is transmitted to humans by mosquitoes that have previously bitten an infected animal. Many infected people develop mild symptoms or the infection can be asymptomatic. In people who develop a severe form of the disease, Japanese encephalitis usually begins with flu-like symptoms with fever, chills, fatigue, headaches, nausea and vomiting. The sequelae of Japanese encephalitis can be neurological disorders that persist for a long time.
- Indications for use:
The vaccine prevents Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) infection.
- People to whom vaccination is particularly recommended:
- for travelers to Asia who want to reduce the risk of infection,
- for people who have an increased risk of exposure due to travel or the nature of their work.
- Age indications:
From 2 months of age, adolescents, adults up to 65 years of age.
- Vaccination cycle:
- 0 - 28 days (2nd dose of vaccine 28 days after the first dose, but at least one week before the risk of exposure to Japanese encephalitis virus),
- For adults over 18 years of age, an accelerated schedule can be used: 0 - 7 days. A booster dose should be taken after 12 - 24 months.
Required qualification before each dose.
- Vaccination price (one dose): PLN 530