Short-wave diathermy - A continuous high-frequency electromagnetic field. Using capacitor applicators, the area of the body to be treated is placed within a high-frequency electric field between two insulated electrodes.
During the use of capacitor applicators, the conversion of electrical energy into heat takes place mainly in tissues with low blood flow (e.g., adipose tissue, connective tissue). Short-wave diathermy increases arterial blood flow and the number of leukocytes, accelerates metabolic processes of cells and also reduces neuromuscular excitability (analgesic effect).
Indications for the use of short-wave diathermy
- Treatment of various types of subacute and chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis,
- Periarticular inflammation,
- Pneumonia, cystitis,
- Chronic pyelonephritis,
- Ovarian endocrine dysfunction,
- Spinal degeneration,
- Neuropathies and neuritis,
- Chronic inflammation of the sinuses of the nose, tonsils, ear, larynx,
- Condition after pleuritis,
- Post-traumatic conditions,
Terapuls - High-frequency pulsed electromagnetic field. The field does not produce heat, but acts on the potential of cell membranes, resulting in a change in the physicochemical properties of tissues, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-edema effects. The therapeutic effect of the pulsed field is to deliver very high-frequency energy to the body, with a very short duration of action and a long pause following each pulse.
Indications for the use of terapulse
- Degenerative changes in the joints of the limbs and joints of the spine,
- Subacute and chronic arthritis and myositis,
- Neuropathic pain and chronic neuritis,
- Fractures (the procedure can be performed through a plaster dressing),
- Chronic inflammation of the sinuses of the nose, ear, palatine tonsils and larynx,
- Chronic inflammation of the appendages and prostate gland,
- Chronic bronchitis,
- Peripheral circulation disorder,
- Pain syndromes,
- Increased muscle tone in neurological diseases,
- Ischemic tissue conditions,
Diathermy and therapeutic pulse contraindications
- Circulatory disorders
- Peptic ulcer disease of the stomach and duodenum
- Bleeding strokes
- Inflammatory conditions
- Purulent otitis media
- Inflammation of the gallbladder
- Varicose veins
- Metal implants, pacemaker
A referral is required for the treatments.
Diathermy and therapeutics are not performed during pregnancy, during menstruation and on children.