During the consultation, the physiotherapist performs a functional assessment of the child: observes the way the child moves, the quality of his movements, body positioning, evaluates muscle tension and its changes during activities. Appropriate stimulation of the child's body inhibits undesirable reflexes, and in their place physiological movement patterns appear, which enable the child to develop properly.
The service is dedicated to children with abnormalities such as:
- Muscle tension disorders,
- Delayed psychomotor development,
- Incidence of birth defects,
- Asymmetry of body alignment (e.g., torticollis).
The advice is also aimed at parents of healthy children who want to assess their newborn's development and learn how to stimulate and support it.
We can enroll both a child with identified functional abnormalities and a healthy child for a visit, in order to stimulate their normal development.
The referrals that the physiotherapist makes:
- A physiotherapist can make referrals for rehabilitation treatments for children,
- Physiotherapist cannot issue referrals for diagnostic tests - e.g., X-ray, CT. For this purpose, you should go to a medical doctor.